NESTLED IN THE HEART OF THE OTWAYS, FORREST HAS BECOME ONE OF THE BEST HOLIDAY DESTINATIONS IN THE HINTERLAND OF THE GREAT OCEAN ROAD REGION… AND IT’S A CYCLIST’S PARADISE.
Travel Time To Forrest Or Apollo Bay
- Melbourne-Forrest (inland via Winchelsea): 159km, 2hr drive
- Melbourne-Forrest (via Great Ocean Rd): 214km, 3.5hr drive
- Melbourne-Apollo Bay (inland via Winchelsea and Forrest): 197km, 2hr 40min drive
- Melbourne-Apollo Bay (via Great Ocean Rd): 187km, 2hr 50min drive
- Forrest-Apollo Bay and vice-versa: 38km, 40min drive.
About Forrest, The Otways And Apollo Bay
The Great Ocean Road Region is served by a network of accredited Visitor Information Centres. Look for the yellow and blue to direct you to the nearest where you find everything you need to make the most of your Great Ocean Road and Otways visit.
Great Ocean Road Visitor Information Centre
Colac Visitor Information Centre
To start planning your next Great Ocean Road Region adventure, please download the GOR Travel Planner here.
- Refer to the Visitor Information websites listed above for either Forrest or Apollo Bay options.
- Refer to the Forrest township website HERE
- We recommend using AirBnB and searching Forrest or Apollo Bay.
Forrest Caravan Park – Sells Out, So Get In Quick!
The Forrest Caravan Park is located only a short ride from the start line and has plenty of campsites available from $15 per person/per night (Min 2 night stay).
For more information or to book a site contact the Forrest Caravan Park on 03 52 36 6275 or email: [email protected]
- Website Booking – HERE
Apollo Bay (start line for the 100km in 2021) is on the Great Ocean Road and is a 40min drive to Forrest.
We recommend staying in Apollo Bay, with accommodaiton options on the following website: www.apollobay.com
Colac is just a 30min drive inland from Forrest, and have a number of basic motel options. Here are a few:
Please contact us via [email protected] if you would like further assistance in finding accomodation.
Explore The Forrest MTB Trails
Situated in the breathtaking scenery of the Great Otway National Park the Forrest MTB Trails offers some of the most diverse and fun trails in Australia. There’s over 65km of single track weaving through everything from tall eucalypts, native bush to magical fern gullies…..quite simply there is a trail for everyone! Trail Map
Experience The Mighty Otways And Apollo Bay
Tranquillity Amidst Untamed Nature
A natural paradise, Apollo Bay and Otways merges seaside village charm with the untamed Southern Ocean, lush forests rising up from the coast and fertile plains beyond. Here, where the Great Ocean Walk begins, access nature’s wildest offerings without compromising creature comforts.
Apollo Bay’s simple seaside pleasures are year-round and all-season. Unwind in the gentle curve of the harbour, stretch out in wide open spaces or worship divine views from Marriner’s Lookout. Reminisce childhood holidays by the sea and browse markets brimming with locals proudly pitching local produce. Surrender to the charm with just-caught crayfish dinner in an elegant hilltop restaurant.
Your Guides To The Great Ocean Road Region
- The Great Ocean Road Region has got so much to offer so we encourage you to take your time and explore. See what’s on offer here: https://www.visitgreatoceanroad.org.au/.
- A selection of downloadable maps and guides for the region can be found here – https://www.visitgreatoceanroad.org.au/digital-guides/#
Otway Fly Activities
Otway Fly Treetop Adventures takes your rainforest experience to new heights in the lush surrounds of the magnificent Otway Ranges. Whether you’re soaking up the breathtaking birds-eye view of the stunning rainforest or soaring through the leafy treetops on the awe-inspiring Zipline Tour, there’s something for the whole family to enjoy.
The views from the bottom of our Treetop Walk are just as spectacular as from the top! Come see for yourself and take a walk through the beautiful Otway Ranges.
It is a beautiful day today! Why not spend it getting lost between the treetops and have a day out with us!