Entry fees are based on a 2-tier structure:
- Standard Fee – From 12:00pm AEST Wednesday 6 September 2023 to 08:00am AEDT Monday 12 February 2024
- Late Fee – From 8:00am AEDT Monday 12 February 2024 to race start
You can enter online right up until race start. Please enter at home before you attend registration or enter on your phone. If you selected to have your race plate posted, this will be posted on Monday 6 February 2024 no need to attend registration!
Race changes can be made until 12:00pm Thursday 22 February 2024, after this time, changes will need to be made in person at race registration. A $10 fee will be incurred.
The following prices are to enter a single race over the weekend.
|97km Great Otway Gravel Grind – Big Ring||49km Great Otway Gravel Grind – Small Ring|
|Standard entry fee||$162 ($129 for under 18s)||$119 for adults ($96 for under 18s)|
|Late entry fee||$182 ($154 for under 18s)||$147 for adults ($116 for under 18s)|
SPECIAL OFFER – 20% off Standard fees!
Register for the 100km or 50km MTB events on Saturday, together with the 97km or 49km GOGG on Sunday to get 20% off!*
*Please note you must enter the races in one transaction to receive the discount; a discount will not be applied if you add a second race at a later date.
20% off offer – prices below:
|The Races||Total Price inc. 20% off|
|The Odyssey 100km + The GOGG 97km||Adult $271.20 & Junior $220.80 (was $339/ $276)|
|The Odyssey 100km + The GOGG 49km||Adult $236.80 & Junior $194.40 (was $296/$243)|
|The Shorty 50km + The GOGG 97km||Adult $248 & Junior $198.40 was ($310/ $248)|
|The Shorty 50km + The GOGG 49km||Adult $213.60 & Junior $172 (was $267/ $215)|
97km/49km Great Otway Gravel Grind
- Event entry to the GOGG Big Ring/Small Ring
- Race plate including timing chip
- Professionally marked course
- Medical support
- Mid race CLIF Fuel Stations
- Post race fruit
- Professional photographer capturing images of the race
- Electronic timing with multiple mid race splits
- On course mechanical support
There are no field limits for the Great Otway Gravel Grind 97km and 49km events.
Entry and Refund Policy
If a competitor withdraws at least 23 days prior to event day they have the option of a credit or refund:
- Credit: Credit towards another Rapid Ascent event – less a 10% administration fee
- Refund: A refund will be offered, less 25% administration fee
If a competitor withdraws less than 23 days before event day:
- No credits or refunds will be issued
Refunds/credits must be requested in writing via [email protected]
- Transfer of individual race entries are NOT permitted.
- Providing there are spaces available, a runner may transfer from a higher entry fee event/category to a lower entry fee event/category before 8:00am AEST on the Tuesday before event day. In this case, the difference between the two entry fees will not be refunded.
- Providing there are spaces available, a runner may transfer from a lower entry fee event to a higher entry fee event up to 8:00am AEST on the Tuesday before event day – no admin fee will be charged. Any entry upgrades requested after 8:00am AEST on the Tuesday before event day will incur a $15 upgrade fee (plus entry fee difference), to be paid at race registration.
- Changes to team composition (changing legs or changing a team member) can be made up until online entries close at 8:00am AEST on the Tuesday before event day. Any changes made at race registration will incur a $15 fee.
If the event is deemed unsafe or unable to be held on the proposed date, the following steps shall be followed:
- Rapid Ascent will endeavor to reschedule the event to another date with all entries transferring to the new date
- If the new event date is more than 23 days after the original date and you are unable to attend a competitor may withdraw from the event according to the refund policy above.
- If the new event date is within 23 days of the original date and you cannot attend you can receive a race credit to any Rapid Ascent event less a 25% admin fee
- Rapid Ascent reserves the right to alter or amend the originally proposed course(s) from that which was published on the event website for any reason
- Advice of any event postponement or change will be made on the front page of the event website as early as possible before the event, and will be posted to the official race notice board at the registration marquee.