The EVENT PROGRAM for 2021 Great Otway Gravel Grind is now available and is essential reading for all event attendees (competitors and supporters) with schedule, course details, parking info and more. READ IT HERE.
INDEX to the information below:
Entry fees are based on a 3-tier structure:
- Early Bird – From entry open until 8:00am AEST Wednesday 30 September 2020
- Standard Fee – From 8:00am AEST Wednesday 30 September 2020 to 3:00pm AEDT Thursday 18th February 2021
- On the Day – In person at Race Registration on Friday 19th and Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st February 2021
Online entries for the 2021 Otway Odyssey will close at 3:00pm AEDT on Thursday 18th February, 2021. Note, entries will be accepted in person on race weekend.
The following prices are to enter a single race over the weekend.
|97km Great Otway Gravel Grind – Big Ring||49km Great Otway Gravel Grind – Small Ring|
|Early Bird entry fee||$121 for adults|
($97 under 18s)
|$98 for adults ($77 for under 18s)|
|Standard entry fee||$145 ($119 for under 18s)||$111 for adults ($88 for under 18s)|
|On the day entry fee||$161 ($141 for under 18s)||$133 for adults ($105 for under 18s)|
SPECIAL OFFER – 20% off!
Register for any of the 100km, 50km or 30km MTB events on Saturday, together with either of the GOGG events on Sunday to get 20% off!*
**Online entries only**
*Please note you must enter the races in one transaction to receive the discount; a discount will not be applied if you add a second race at a later date.
20% off offer – prices below:
|The Odyssey 100km = Adult $145 / Junior $122||The GOGG 97km = Adult $121 / Junior $97||Adult $212.80 & Junior $175.20 (was $266/$219)|
|The Odyssey 100km = Adult $145 / Junior $122||The GOGG 49km = Adult $98 / Junior $77||Adult $194.40 & Junior $159.20 (was $243/$199)|
|The Shorty 50km = Adult $111/ Junior $88||The GOGG 97km = Adult $121 / Junior $97||Adult $185.60 & Junior $148 (was $232/ $185)|
|The Shorty 50km = Adult $111 / Junior $88||The GOGG 49km = Adult $98 / Junior $77||Adult $167.20 & Junior $132 (was $209 / $165)|
|The Rookie 30km = Adult $63 / Junior $48||The GOGG 97km = Adult $121 / Junior $97||Adult $147.20 & Junior $116 (was $184/ $145)|
|The Rookie 30km = Adult $63 / Junior $48||The GOGG 49km = Adult $98 / Junior $77||Adult $128.80 & Junior $100 (was $161/$125)|
|The Odyssey 100km = Adult $161 / Junior $137||The GOGG 97km = Adult $145 / Junior $119||Adult $244.80 & Junior $204.80 (was $306/ $256)|
|The Odyssey 100km = Adult $161 / Junior $137||The GOGG 49km = Adult $111 / Junior $88||Adult $217.60 & Junior $180 (was $272/$225)|
|The Shorty 50km = Adult $132 / Junior $111||The GOGG 97km = Adult $145 / Junior $119||Adult $221.60 & Junior $184 (was $277/ $230)|
|The Shorty 50km = Adult $132 / Junior $111||The GOGG 49km = Adult $111 / Junior $88||Adult $194.40 & Junior $159.20 (was $243/ $199)|
|The Rookie 30km = Adult $78 / Junior $63||The GOGG 97km = Adult $145 / Junior $119||Adult $178.40 & Junior $145.60 (was $223/ $182)|
|The Rookie 30km = Adult $78/ Junior $63||The GOGG 49km = Adult $111 / Junior $88||Adult $151.20 & Junior $120.80 (was $189/ $151)|
97km/49km Great Otway Gravel Grind
- Event entry to the GOGG Big Ring/Small Ring
- Race plate including timing chip
- Professionally marked course
- Medical support
- Mid race CLIF Fuel Stations
- Post race fruit
- Professional photographer capturing images of the race
- Electronic timing with multiple mid race splits
- On course mechanical support
There are no field limits for the Great Otway Gravel Grind 97km and 49km events.
If a competitor voluntarily withdraws from the event and notifies Rapid Ascent prior to 17:00 AEDT, Sunday 7 February 2021, the race entrants have the choice of receiving either a credit or refund:
Refund – Refund can be offered less an administration fee of 20% of the entry fee paid with a minimum of $10 and maximum $40
Credit – Credit towards a subsequent event less an administration fee of 15%
This must be communicated via email to [email protected]
Sadly, we know that a number of interstate competitors will not be able to attend the event as their state borders are either closed, or they would be required to quarantine for 14 days when they return. In sympathy for your circumstances we have extended our Forced Withdrawal policy so if you are unable to attend for COVID related reasons you have the following options:
- You may claim a credit for your entry fee that can be put towards any future Rapid Ascent event, less a 15% administration fee OR
- You can donate your entry fee, less a 20% admin fee, to the volunteer organisations who help with the delivery of the event (e.g. Rotary clubs)
- You may claim a refund, less 25% admin fee
Please log in to your entry in our online entry system (Event Plus), click on the link to your entry on the left-hand side menu under your name and select your preferred option from the drop-down menu. NOTE
- You have until 10:00am Monday 1st March to indicate your choice after which your entry fee is forfeited
- We will start processing refunds from 1st March onwards, please give us time to run the event before we make the refunds
- If you are from interstate and purchased some merchandise then please e-mail us to arrange postage.
- If a competitor voluntarily withdraws from any of the races over the Great Otway Gravel Grind event weekend and notifies Rapid Ascent after 17:00 AEDT, Sunday 7 February 2021 : No cash refund or entry credit will be given in any circumstances.
- Payment for online entries is via Credit Card transaction via our secure, 128-bit encrypted credit card payment gateway. Should you require alternative payment options please contact Rapid Ascent.
- Juniors must be under the age of 18 on race day.
- An entrant may transfer their entry to another rider for a $15 transfer fee by 12:00pm AEDT on Thursday 18th February, 2021 (but the earlier the better). No transfers will be accepted after this time.
- Providing there are spaces available, a rider may transfer from a longer race (eg 100km) to a shorter event (eg 50km) up to 3:00pm AEDT on Thursday 18th February, 2021. In this case the transfer fee will not be charged. No refund of the difference between the 100km and 50km entry fees will be given. Providing there are spaces available, a rider may transfer from a shorter race (eg 50km) to a longer race (eg 100km) up to 12:00pm AEDT on Thursday 18th February, 2021 for the costs of the increase in entry fee only – no admin fee will be charged. Any changes at race registration will incur a $10 admin fee.
If the event is deemed unsafe or unable to be held on the proposed date due to extreme climatic conditions, the following steps shall be followed:
- Rapid Ascent will endeavour to reschedule the event to, ideally, the following day or another date with all entries carrying over to the new date
- If you are unable to attend the newly proposed date no refunds will be made
- If the event cannot be rescheduled for any reason Rapid Ascent will endeavour to refund a component of your entry fee after all event costs have been taken into consideration OR offer all participants an entry credit (of a value to be determined by Rapid Ascent) to a future Rapid Ascent event
- Part of our Parks Victoria Event Permit states that if the fire danger on the event day is rated as Code Red Catastrophic in the South West fire region (Victorian CFA Fire Danger Ratings) then the event must be postponed. A fire rating of “extreme” on event day in the South West fire region may also cause the event to be postponed, following discussions with CFA, DEPI and Parks Victoria.
- In all other circumstances it should be assumed that the event is still going ahead UNLESS otherwise stated
- Rapid Ascent reserves the right to alter or amend the originally proposed course from that which was published on the event website for any reason
- Advice of any event postponement or change will be made on the front page of the event website at www.GiantOdyssey.com as early as possible before the event, and will be posted to the official race notice board at the registration marquee