The EVENT PROGRAM for 2020 Great Otway Gravel Grind (GOGG) is now available and is essential reading for all gravel riders with schedule, course details, maps and more. READ IT HERE.
Online entries have now closed. Good news! Entries for all Otway Odyssey and GOGG races are available at race registration.
ALL RACES: 4-8pm,
Friday 21 February
100km Odyssey: From 6am Saturday 22 Feb
50km Shorty: From 6:45am Saturday 22 February
30km Rookie: From 8:30am Saturday 22 February
Groms Ride: From midday Saturday 22 February
Big and Small Ring GOGG & 10km Pioneer: From 7am Sunday 23 February
To assist in speeding up the process at race registration, please download and complete a registration form:
If you need to make a change to your entry please see us at race registration. If you wish to advise of a late withdrawal, please email [email protected]
See you at Forrest!
INDEX to the information below:
Entry fees are based on a 3-tier structure:
- Early Bird – From when entries open until 8:00am AEDT Wednesday 23 October 2019
- Standard Fee – From 8:00am AEDT Wednesday 23 October 2019 to 3:00pm AEDT Thursday 20th February 2020
- On the Day – In person at Race Registration on Friday 21 and Saturday 22 February 2019
Online entries for the 2019 Great Otway Gravel Grind will close at 3:00pm (AEDT) on Thursday 20th February, 2020. Note, entries will be accepted in person on race weekend.
The following prices are to enter a single race over the weekend.
|97km Great Otway Gravel Grind – Big Ring||49km Great Otway Gravel Grind – Small Ring|
|Early Bird entry fee||$108 for adults|
($85 under 18s)
|$95 for adults ($75 for under 18s)|
|Standard entry fee||$129 ($102 for under 18s)||$108 for adults ($85 for under 18s)|
|On the day entry fee||$145 ($115 for under 18s)||$129 for adults ($102 for under 18s)|
SPECIAL OFFER – 20% off!
Register for any of the 100km, 50km or 30km MTB events on Saturday, together with either of the GOGG events on Sunday to get 20% off!*
**Online entries only**
*Please note you must enter the races in one transaction to receive the discount; a discount will not be applied if you add a second race at a later date.
20% off offer – prices below:
|The Odyssey 100km = Adult $141 / Junior $118||The GOGG 97km = Adult $108 / Junior $85||Adult $199.20 & Junior $162.40 (was $249/$203)|
|The Odyssey 100km = Adult $141 / Junior $118||The GOGG 49km = Adult $95 / Junior $75||Adult $188.80 & Junior $154.40 (was $236/$193)|
|The Shorty 50km = Adult $108/ Junior $85||The GOGG 97km = Adult $108 / Junior $85||Adult $172.80 & Junior $136 (was $216/$170)|
|The Shorty 50km = Adult $108 / Junior $85||The GOGG 49km = Adult $95 / Junior $75||Adult $ & Junior $128 (was $203 /$160)|
|The Rookie 30km = Adult $57 / Junior $39||The GOGG 97km = Adult $108 / Junior $85||Adult $132 & Junior $99.20 (was $165/$124)|
|The Rookie 30km = Adult $57 / Junior $39||The GOGG 49km = Adult $95 / Junior $75||Adult $121.60 & Junior $ 91.20 (was $152/$114)|
|The Odyssey 100km = Adult $156 / Junior $133||The GOGG 97km = Adult $129 / Junior $102||Adult $228 & Junior $188 (was $285/ $235)|
|The Odyssey 100km = Adult $156 / Junior $133||The GOGG 49km = Adult $108 / Junior $85||Adult $ & Junior $174.40 (was $264/$218)|
|The Shorty 50km = Adult $128 / Junior $108||The GOGG 97km = Adult $129 / Junior $102||Adult $205.60 & Junior $168 (was $257/$210)|
|The Shorty 50km = Adult $128 / Junior $108||The GOGG 49km = Adult $108 / Junior $85||Adult $188.80 & Junior $154.40 (was $236/ $193)|
|The Rookie 30km = Adult $61 / Junior $43||The GOGG 97km = Adult $129 / Junior $102||Adult $152 & Junior $116 (was $190/$145)|
|The Rookie 30km = Adult $61 / Junior $43||The GOGG 49km = Adult $108 / Junior $85||Adult $135.20 & Junior $102.40 (was $169/$128)|
97km/49km Great Otway Gravel Grind
- Event entry to the GOGG Big Ring/Small Ring
- Race plate including timing chip
- Professionally marked course
- Medical support
- Mid race CLIF Fuel Stations
- Post race fruit
- Professional photographer capturing images of the race
- Electronic timing with multiple mid race splits
- On course mechanical support
There are no field limits for the Great Otway Gravel Grind 97km and 49km events.
If a competitor voluntarily withdraws from the event and notifies Rapid Ascent prior to 17:00 AEDT, Sunday 9 February 2020, the race entrants have the choice of receiving either a credit or refund:
Refund – Refund can be offered less an administration fee of 20% of the entry fee paid with a minimum of $10 and maximum $40
Credit – Credit towards a subsequent event less an administration fee of 15%
This must be communicated via email to [email protected]
- If a competitor voluntarily withdraws from any of the races over the Great Otway Gravel Grind event weekend and notifies Rapid Ascent after 17:00 AEDT, Sunday 9 February 2020 : No cash refund or entry credit will be given in any circumstances.
- Payment for online entries is via Credit Card transaction via our secure, 128-bit encrypted credit card payment gateway. Should you require alternative payment options please contact Rapid Ascent.
- Juniors must be under the age of 18 on race day.
- An entrant may transfer their entry to another rider for a $15 transfer fee by 8:00am Wednesday 19th February (but the earlier the better). No transfers will be accepted after this time.
- Providing there are spaces available, a rider may transfer from a longer race (eg 100km) to a shorter event (eg 50km) up to 3pm (AEDT) Thursday 20 February, 2020 In this case the transfer fee will not be charged. No refund of the difference between the 100km and 50km entry fees will be given. Providing there are spaces available, a rider may transfer from a shorter race (eg 50km) to a longer race (eg 100km) up to 3pm (AEDT) Thursday 20 February, 2020 before the event for the costs of the increase in entry fee only – no admin fee will be charged. Any changes at race registration will incur a $10 admin fee.
If the event is deemed unsafe or unable to be held on the proposed date due to extreme climatic conditions, the following steps shall be followed:
- Rapid Ascent will endeavour to reschedule the event to, ideally, the following day or another date with all entries carrying over to the new date
- If you are unable to attend the newly proposed date no refunds will be made
- If the event cannot be rescheduled for any reason Rapid Ascent will endeavour to refund a component of your entry fee after all event costs have been taken into consideration OR offer all participants an entry credit (of a value to be determined by Rapid Ascent) to a future Rapid Ascent event
- Part of our Parks Victoria Event Permit states that if the fire danger on the event day is rated as Code Red Catastrophic in the South West fire region (Victorian CFA Fire Danger Ratings) then the event must be postponed. A fire rating of “extreme” on event day in the South West fire region may also cause the event to be postponed, following discussions with CFA, DEPI and Parks Victoria.
- In all other circumstances it should be assumed that the event is still going ahead UNLESS otherwise stated
- Rapid Ascent reserves the right to alter or amend the originally proposed course from that which was published on the event website for any reason
- Advice of any event postponement or change will be made on the front page of the event website at www.GiantOdyssey.com as early as possible before the event, and will be posted to the official race notice board at the registration marquee