>>2022 Entries Opening Soon<<
INDEX to the information below:
Entry fees are based on a 3-tier structure:
- Early Bird – From 12pm Wednesday 22 September until 17:00 AEST Wednesday 6 October 2021
- Standard Fee – From 17:00 AEST Wednesday 6 October 2021 to 15:00 AEDT Thursday 18th February 2022
- Late Fee – From 5:00 AEDT Thursday 18th February 2022 to race start
You can enter online right up until race start. Please enter at home before you attend registration or enter on your phone. You will need to show the QR code on your confirmation email to collect your race plate. If you selected to have your race plate posted, this will be sent out to you on Monday 14 February- no need to attend registration!
Race changes can be made until 12:00pm Thursday 24th Feb, after this time, changes will need to be made in person at race registration. A $10 fee will be incurred.
The following prices are to enter a single race over the weekend.
|97km Great Otway Gravel Grind – Big Ring||49km Great Otway Gravel Grind – Small Ring|
|Early Bird entry fee||$124 for adults|
($99 under 18s)
|$101 for adults ($79 for under 18s)|
|Standard entry fee||$149 ($123 for under 18s)||$114 for adults ($91 for under 18s)|
|Late entry fee||$166 ($145 for under 18s)||$137 for adults ($108 for under 18s)|
SPECIAL OFFER – 20% off early bird and standard fees!
Register for the 100km or 50km MTB events on Saturday, together with the 97km or 49km GOGG on Sunday to get 20% off!*
*Please note you must enter the races in one transaction to receive the discount; a discount will not be applied if you add a second race at a later date.
20% off offer – prices below:
|The Odyssey 100km = Adult $149 / Junior $126||The GOGG 97km = Adult $124 / Junior $99||Adult $218.40 & Junior $180 (was $273/$225)|
|The Odyssey 100km = Adult $149 / Junior $126||The GOGG 49km = Adult $101 / Junior $79||Adult $200 & Junior $164 (was $250/$205)|
|The Shorty 50km = Adult $114/ Junior $91||The GOGG 97km = Adult $124 / Junior $99||Adult $190.40 & Junior $152 (was $238/ $190)|
|The Shorty 50km = Adult $114 / Junior $91||The GOGG 49km = Adult $101 / Junior $79||Adult $172 & Junior $136 (was $215 / $170)|
|The Odyssey 100km = Adult $166 / Junior $141||The GOGG 97km = Adult $149 / Junior $123||Adult $252 & Junior $211.20 (was $315/ $264)|
|The Odyssey 100km = Adult $166 / Junior $141||The GOGG 49km = Adult $114 / Junior $91||Adult $224 & Junior $185.60 (was $280/$232)|
|The Shorty 50km = Adult $136 / Junior $114||The GOGG 97km = Adult $149 / Junior $123||Adult $228 & Junior $189.60 (was $285/ $237)|
|The Shorty 50km = Adult $136 / Junior $114||The GOGG 49km = Adult $114 / Junior $91||Adult $200 & Junior $164 (was $250/ $205)|
97km/49km Great Otway Gravel Grind
- Event entry to the GOGG Big Ring/Small Ring
- Race plate including timing chip
- Professionally marked course
- Medical support
- Mid race CLIF Fuel Stations
- Post race fruit
- Professional photographer capturing images of the race
- Electronic timing with multiple mid race splits
- On course mechanical support
There are no field limits for the Great Otway Gravel Grind 97km and 49km events.
If a competitor voluntarily withdraws from the event and notifies Rapid Ascent prior to 17:00 AEDT, Sunday 13 February 2022, the race entrants have the choice of receiving either a credit or refund:
Refund – Refund can be offered less an administration fee of 20% of the entry fee paid with a minimum of $10 and maximum $40
Credit – Credit towards a subsequent event less an administration fee of 15%
This must be communicated via email to [email protected]
- If a competitor voluntarily withdraws from any of the races over the Great Otway Gravel Grind event weekend and notifies Rapid Ascent after 17:00 AEDT, Sunday 13 February 2022 : No cash refund or entry credit will be given in any circumstances.
- Payment for online entries is via Credit Card transaction via our secure, 128-bit encrypted credit card payment gateway. Should you require alternative payment options please contact Rapid Ascent.
- Juniors must be under the age of 18 on race day.
- An entrant may transfer their entry to another rider for a $15 transfer fee by 12:00pm AEDT on Thursday 24th February, 2022 (but the earlier the better). No transfers will be accepted after this time.
- Providing there are spaces available, a rider may transfer from a longer race (eg 100km) to a shorter event (eg 50km) up to 12:00pm AEDT on Thursday 24th February, 2022. In this case the transfer fee will not be charged. No refund of the difference between the 100km and 50km entry fees will be given. Providing there are spaces available, a rider may transfer from a shorter race (eg 50km) to a longer race (eg 100km) up to 12:00pm AEDT on Thursday 24th February, 2022 for the costs of the increase in entry fee only – no admin fee will be charged. Any changes at race registration will incur a $10 admin fee.
If the event is deemed unsafe or unable to be held on the proposed date due to extreme climatic conditions, the following steps shall be followed:
- Rapid Ascent will endeavour to reschedule the event to, ideally, the following day or another date with all entries carrying over to the new date
- If you are unable to attend the newly proposed date no refunds will be made
- If the event cannot be rescheduled for any reason Rapid Ascent will endeavour to refund a component of your entry fee after all event costs have been taken into consideration OR offer all participants an entry credit (of a value to be determined by Rapid Ascent) to a future Rapid Ascent event
- Part of our Parks Victoria Event Permit states that if the fire danger on the event day is rated as Code Red Catastrophic in the South West fire region (Victorian CFA Fire Danger Ratings) then the event must be postponed. A fire rating of “extreme” on event day in the South West fire region may also cause the event to be postponed, following discussions with CFA, DEPI and Parks Victoria.
- In all other circumstances it should be assumed that the event is still going ahead UNLESS otherwise stated
- Rapid Ascent reserves the right to alter or amend the originally proposed course from that which was published on the event website for any reason
- Advice of any event postponement or change will be made on the front page of the event website at www.GiantOdyssey.com as early as possible before the event, and will be posted to the official race notice board at the registration marquee