The 2023 GOGG will be held on 26th February at Forrest.
All details below relate to the 2022 event and will be updated over winter.
Index to other information below:
Forrest Football Ground, Forrest VIC – Start/Finish for all races.
The Forrest Football Ground is located on Yaugher Road, 1.5km north of the township of Forrest (VIC) and hosts the following features of the event:
- Race Registration
- Start and Finish line for both the 97km and 49km Great Otway Gravel Grinds (Sunday)
- Start and finish line for all MTB races (Saturday)
- Event Expo (for riders, their families and spectators!) – food, drinks, kids entertainment, live music and much more
Forrest (VIC) is located approximately 2hrs from Melbourne. Forrest is a 40 minute drive from Apollo Bay.
All riders must collect their number plate before the start of your race (unless you paid for your number plate to be posted to you). You can arrange for a friend to collect your number plate for you. Plates can be collected during the following times:
If you received your plate in the post you can collect a CLIF Builders Bar and Skratch drink sachet from the registration ar any timew (as we could not post these).
Friday 25 February 2022:
- 3:30pm – 7:30pm
Saturday 26 February 2022
- 10:00am – 5:00pm:
Sunday 27 February 2022
- 7:00am – 7:45am: 97km GoGG riders
- 7:00am – 8:45am: 49km GoGG riders
Event and Bike Industry Expo and Festival
The Forrest Football Ground will host an array of excitement throughout race registration on Friday afternoon and during racing on the Saturday and Sunday, including:
- Race registration and plate collection
- Sponsors displays and demo gear from: Focus and Cervelo, Michelin, Super B Tools, Azure, Skratch Nutrition, DT Swiss, Krush bike wash, Sommet Recovery and more
- Coffee, food, bar, drinks and other sustenance
- Kids entertainment (eg, urban upcycle craft, jumping castle)
- Live music and MC commentary
More details about the Event Expo is HERE
To help you have a hassle-free time at the Great Otway Gravel Grind, the following services are provided to competitors:
A bag drop will be available near the registration marquee – we’ll look after your clothing whilst you are out racing! Valuables left at owners risk.
ON SITE BIKE SHOP AND MECHANICS
- No Limit Cycle Repairs (Griffyn Branagh) will be set up to provide any last minute bike mechanical work you need
BIKE WASH x2 – KRUSH and Bike Wash Australia
We are fortunate to have 2 bike washes set up at this years event so you can give your bike the love it deserves!:
- Event sponsors KRUSH will have a hand bike wash set up throughout the weekend stocked with plenty of free product, water, buckets and brushes so you can give your bike some tender loving care
- Bike Wash Australia will have their deluxe bike wash machine set up for everyone to use for a $2 donation that goes to the local trails. With hot water, pressure machines and even a blow dry function it is quick, easy and ultimate. www.bike-wash.com.au