EVENT PROGRAM: The window below is the official Event Program for the 2020 Great Otway Gravel Grind (GOGG) and is essential reading for all competitors with schedule, course details, maps and more. PDF Download available HERE.
Index to information below:
- Event Location
- Event Expo
- Competitor Registration & Race Plate Postage
- Competitor Services
- Clothing storage
- Bike mechanic
- Bike wash
Forrest Football Ground, Forrest VIC – Start/Finish for all races.
The Forrest Football Ground is located on Yaugher Road, 1.5km north of the township of Forrest (VIC) and hosts the following features of the event:
- Race Registration
- Start and Finish line for both the 97km and 49km Great Otway Gravel Grinds (Sunday)
- Start and Finish line for all MTB races (Saturday)
- Event and Bike Industry Expo (for riders, their families and spectators!) – food, drinks, kids entertainment, live music and much more
Forrest (VIC) is located approximately 2hrs from Melbourne with the quickest route being via Geelong and Winchelsea. Forrest is a 40 minute drive from Apollo Bay and 25 minutes from Colac.
Event and Bike Industry Expo and Festival
The Forrest Football Ground will host an array of excitement throughout race registration on Friday afternoon and during racing on the Saturday and Sunday, including:
- Sponsors displays and demo gear
- Coffee, food, drinks and other sustenance
- Event bar
- Kids entertainment (eg, face painting, jumping castle)
- Live music and MC commentary
- On site bike shop for repairs and last minute needs
- CLIF Fuel Station
Race plate collection, and collection of pre-purchased merchandise items will be held during the following time options – all located at the Forrest Football Ground
Friday 21 February 2020 – all riders in all races (MTB & GOGG):
- 4:00pm – 8:00pm
Saturday 22 February 2019
- 2:00pm – 3:30pm: 97km and 49km GOGG riders
Sunday 23 February 2020
- 7:00am – 7:45am: 97km GoGG riders
- 7:00am – 8:45am: 49km GoGG riders
To help you have a hassle-free time at the Great Otway Gravel Grind, the following services are provided to competitors:
A bag drop will be available near the registration marquee – we’ll look after your clothing whilst you are out racing! Valuables left at owners risk.
ON SITE BIKE MECHANIC
A bike repair shop will be available at the venue to provide any last minute bike mechanical work (reasonable rates charged). Open Friday afternoon, all day Saturday, and Sunday morning.
BIKE WASH – SMALL CHANGE FOR A GREAT CAUSE!
If you’d like to wash away the pain, mud, sweat and tears from your bike at this year’s Otway Odyssey and Gravel Grind, AND donate some change to a good cause, please visit the bike wash situated next to the mobile shower truck. For just $5 you’ll be supporting the local Scout / Venturer Unit whilst getting your ride pampered and cleaned beyond recognition as part of their first class bike wash service.