The EVENT PROGRAM for 2021 Great Otway Gravel Grind is now available and is essential reading for all event attendees (competitors and supporters) with schedule, course details, parking info and more.READ IT HERE.
SPECTATORS AND SUPPORT CREWS ARE MOST WELCOME TO JOIN THE GRAVEL GRIND FUN! THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS PROVIDED SO YOU KNOW HOW, WHEN AND WHERE YOU CAN GET INVOLVED.
Index to the information below
Finish line and event centre
Location: Forrest Football Ground, Forrest VIC
The Great Otway Gravel Grind is far more than ‘just another bike race’ as it includes a large event centre and sponsors expo at the Forrest Football ground on Saturday and Sunday – fun for the whole family! It attracts plenty of spectators and general public to the event and is the ideal place to park the family and your friends while you flog yourself around the course! Entry to the festival is FREE.
- Finish line location for all races
- Start location for 97km GOGG, 49km GOGG and MTB events
- Sponsors expo and display stands
FOOD STALLS: 10AM – 6PM SATURDAY AND 9:00AM – 2:00PM SUNDAY
A wide range of stalls will be up and running in the expo, including items such as:
- Coffee, smoothies, soft drink, water and more
- BBQ food with sausages, hamburgers, egg and bacon rolls
- Baked Potatos
- Tropical Snow
- Timboon Ice-cream (yum!)
- Healthy rolls and salads
SPONSORS EXPO: 10:00AM – 6:00PM SATURDAY AND 9:00AM – 2:00PM SUNDAY
All event sponsors, as well as several other biking and tourism related companies, will have stands at the Forrest Football Ground including:
- Focus and Cervelo Bikes Australia – will be set up with a selection of their bikes and the opportunity to have a chat about their range of MTB, gravel/CX and road bikes
- Bikecorp – displaying and retailing Michelin Tyres, Azure accessories and Super-B tools
- 32gi – will have a range of hydration and nutrition products to try and buy
- DT Swiss – showcasing their range of wheelsets
- Shimano – showcasing their drive trails, ebike motors and other components and accessories
- Lazer Helmets – with their interactive caravan displaying their line of helmets
- VeloKicks – displaying and retailing their bike shoes for road, gravel and MTB
- Krush bike wash – wash, try, buy their comprehensive range of bike care products
- Melbourne Bicycle Centre – will have a retail store selling a range of sponsor products as well as any last minute items you might need – like tubes, pumps, gas canisters, gloves…
- No Limit Cycle Repairs (Griffyn Branagh) will be set up to provide any last minute bike mechanical work you need
- a range of other sponsors.
FINISH LINE REFRESHMENTS
Fresh fruit will be available at the finish line with a range of oranges, water melon, cantaloupe and other fruits available for competitors (only). Enjoy!
MUSIC AND MCS
It’s non-stop entertainment with event an interactive MC providing commentary throughout the day, and some chilled out live music playing on the stage between 12pm and 3pm to welcome those who have finished this epic event.
EVENT BAR THANKS TO THE FORREST BREWERY
The award winning local business – The Forrest Brewing Company – will be operating a thriving event bar in the middle of proceedings at the Footy Ground and we encourage everyone to kick back and relax with one of their beers at the end of your ride.
KIDS ENTERTAINMENT AND ACTIVITIES: 10:00AM – 4:00PM SATURDAY ONLY
Kids will have plenty of things to keep them busy whilst mum or dad are out riding, with an arts and craft area and a massive jumping castle to use up all that boundless energy.
Plus there’s the Grommets ride and activities for little kids!
Bike Wash x2 – KRUSH and Bike Wash Australia
We are fortunate to have 2 bike washes set up at this years event so you can give your bike the love it deserves!:
- Event sponsors KRUSH will have a hand bike wash set up throughout the weekend stocked with plenty of free product, water, buckets and brushes so you can give your bike some tender loving care
- Bike Wash Australia will have their deluxe bike wash machine set up for everyone to use for a $5 donation that goes to the local trails. With hot water, pressure machines and even a blow dry function it is quick, easy and ultimate. www.bike-wash.com.au
The Forrest Football Ground will be the central First Aid point for the event with onsite medical centre, Ambulance Victoria and trained paramedics to help you if you’ve come unstuck. Please respect that they must give priority to the more serious cases over simple cuts and grazes.
Live updates and results
Live race splits for all riders
Live timing splits will be uploaded to the website during the event. Any time you cross a timing mat your profile will be updated on the website so your friends and family back at home can track your progress. You can also track the progress of other riders to see how you compare. The link will be posted on the event homepage.
Live overall results will also be uploaded to the internet during the race so you can keep tabs on the overall and age group standings. The link will be posted on the event homepage.
Live event updates on Instagram and Instagram #otwaydyssey
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for live event updates, sending photos and other race snippets from the Otway Odyssey, #otwayodyssey #GOGG. Tell your friends at home to follow Rapid Ascent on these social media platforms and feel free to join the conversation by tagging #otwayodyssey #GOGG and/or @rapidascent