Spectators and supporters are most welcome to join the Gravel Grind fun by attending in person or watching online…
FINISH LINE AND EVENT CENTRE
Location: Forrest Football Ground, Forrest VIC
The Great Otway Gravel Grind is far more than ‘just another bike race’ as it includes a large event centre and sponsors expo at the Forrest Football ground on Saturday and Sunday – fun for the whole family! It attracts plenty of spectators and general public to the event and is the ideal place to park the family and your friends while you flog yourself around the course! Entry to the festival is FREE.
- Finish line location for all races
- Start location for 97km GOGG, 49km GOGG and MTB events
- Riders in the 30km MTB race starting, comign through at the half way point and finishing
- Sponsors expo and display stands
FOOD STALLS: 10AM – 5PM SATURDAY AND 8:30AM – 3:00PM SUNDAY
A wide range of stalls will be up and running in the expo, including items such as:
- Coffee, smoothies, soft drink, water and more
- BBQ food with sausages, hamburgers, egg and bacon rolls
- Baked Potatoes
- Forrest Brewery
- Healthy rolls and salads
SPONSORS EXPO: 10AM – 5PM SATURDAY AND 9AM – 2PM SUNDAY
All sponsors of the Otway Odyssey, as well as several other biking and tourism related companies will have stands at the Forrest Football Ground including:
- Focus and Cervelo Bikes Australia – will be set up with a selection of their bikes and the opportunity to have a chat about their range of MTB, gravel, CX and road bikes
- Bikecorp – displaying and retailing Michelin Tyres, Knog lights and Super-B tools
- Skratch – selling and sampling a range of hydration and nutrition products
- Krush bike wash – wash, try, buy their comprehensive range of bike care products
- No Limit Cycle Repairs – providing last minute bike mechanical work and repairs
- Forrest Brewery – selling their locally made beers and Coast Seltzer
- a range of other exhibitors
Forrest Brewery event bar
The award winning local business – The Forrest Brewing Company – will be operating a thriving event bar right next to the finish line all weekend. Serving 4 of their localy brewed beers from their stylish Airstream Bar and they are the centre of post race celebrations.
Finish line refreshments thanks to Top Bike Tours
All riders will receive a free can of soft drink after you finish your race thanks to the generous support of Topbike Tours – Emma Colson and David Olle. Please consider Top Bike’s riding tours when planning your next international dream holiday – including Sicily, Corsica, Tuscany, Italy, Spain, France and more…)
KIDS ENTERTAINMENT AND ACTIVITIES:
10AM – 4PM SAT AND 11AM – 1PM SUNDAY
Kids will have plenty of things to keep them busy whilst mum or dad are out riding, with games and activites free to use.
Plus there’s the Grommets ride and activities for little kids!
KRUSH Bike Wash
Event sponsors KRUSH will have a hand bike wash set up throughout the weekend stocked with plenty of free product, water, buckets and brushes so you can give your bike some tender loving care
The Forrest Football Ground will be the central First Aid point for the event with onsite medical centre, Ambulance Victoria and trained paramedics to help you if you’ve come unstuck. Please respect that they must give priority to the more serious cases over simple cuts and grazes.